|“|| Come here, you scissor-fingered little runt! Just try it!
He is first seen when he meets with Samuel Barton for an interview and grows closer to Jennifer Simpson as the game progresses. Whether his intentions are simply investigative or to get closer to Jennifer (for whatever reasons) are unclear until the final scenario of the game.
In the first scenario, Nolan asks Jennifer on a date and Jennifer takes up his offer, but while Jennifer is walking to the date, she is ambushed by Scissorman, yet survives. Jennifer also keeps her relationship with Nolan a secret from Helen Maxwell.
Nolan becomes a playable character in Jennifer's second scenario if the player chooses "yes" when prompted. Nolan visits Rick at his house. Rick dies by a chandelier. Scissorman chases Nolan in Rick's house. Nolan locates the Demon Idol in a closet on the second floor and escapes.
In scenario three, Jennifer finds Nolan in a room with ghosts of children that were killed there. At the end of the third scenario, in Ending A, Nolan helps Jennifer destroy Scissorman. In Ending A, he begins a romantic relationship with Jennifer.
However, if Jennifer is killed in Ending B, both Nolan and Helen visit Jennifer's grave.
In Helen's scenario, he can be found unconscious in the storage room after the quake in the castle's entrance. Helen would then wake Nolan up and start talking for a while. Unfortunately, if the player does not find Nolan, the game's list of survivors after beating the game in any ending (except Ending E) does not consider him a 'survivor'.
- There is an age discrepancy. The "Clock Tower 2 Method to Capture Victory Guidebook" says he is 24, while the "Clock Tower 2 - The Door of the Fear - Official Guide Book", the novelization, and the Japanese manual say he is 26. It is most likely the Victory Guidebook is an error.
- His alternate outfit turns his jacket brown.
- When asked about Nolan and Jennifer's relationship, Hifumi Hono stated that he wished for it to be the player's imagination, although he personally believed that their relationship "won't last very long." 
- Nolan is one of three pedophiles/hebephiles in the game, the other two being Kay Satterwhite and Harris Chapman. Jennifer is still a minor at 15 and the age of consent in Norway is 16. However, Jennifer and Nolan did not do anything beyond a date and a kiss. The game itself doesn't mention any ages, however.
- In the novelization, Helen is annoyed about Jennifer's relationship with Nolan, and Helen slaps Jennifer on the face while having an argument.